Services for deaf or blind people
For up to date information during the COVID-19 pandemic visit the Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership's website
We offer a specialist service through Deaf Action or RNIB.
For people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafened or deafblind
Deaf Action can
- assess your needs and provide advice and long term support
- assess for and provide specialist equipment such as flashing doorbells and smoke detectors, and advise on other equipment you can buy
- provide a BSL duty service
Tel: 0131 556 3128
SMS: 07775 620 757
Email: [email protected]
If you’re a BSL user you can contact Deaf Action by telephone using contactSCOTLAND-BSL
You can contact Deaf Action via Relay UK by dialling 18001 + the required telephone number free of charge but standard network rates for your phone provider may apply. More information about Relay UK.
Visit the Deaf Action website for information on the other services provided to deaf people.
Health in Mind’s Deaf Counselling Service is open to BSL users and other deaf people.
Visit our list of helpful services for people with hearing loss.
For people who are blind or partially sighted (severely sight impaired or sight impaired)
- email to assess your needs and provide advice and long term support
- email to assess for and provide a rehabilitation and mobility service
- assess for and provide specialist equipment, and advise on other equipment you can buy
- give advice, emotional support and signposting to other services at the Eye Clinic Support Centre at the Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion
Telephone: 0131 652 3140 Monday to Friday 9am – 12pm