Pay us back if you have received too much Housing benefit

You can complete this form without registering or signing in. You will receive an email receipt after you submit the form.

If we have paid you too much housing benefit, we will almost always ask you to repay it.

We will send you a bill for the full amount of the overpayment. If you still get housing benefit, you do not need to do anything - we will automatically reduce your payments until the money is paid back. Find out more about how we calculate your repayment.

If you don't get housing benefit any more, you can pay us back with this form.

You will need

  • the reference number on your bill
  • your card details.

If you can't use this form, find other ways to repay housing benefit.

Data privacy

We need to store your name, address and contact details in order to process this form. Your card details will be will be processed by Barclaycard SmartPay. Please read our privacy notice for more information about how we use your personal data.