We are preparing a new Local Development Plan for Edinburgh called City Plan 2030.
Our main issues report ‘Choices for City Plan’ was published in January 2020.
A new Development Plan Scheme setting out how we prepare a development plan and outlining the proposed timetable to take City Plan 2030 to the Proposed Plan stage has been approved by as part of an update report on City Plan 2030 to committee on 10 March 2021.
The Proposed Plan is expected to be published in August 2021.
The next stage of the plan process will be the 'Period of Representations' ' which will give a further opportunity for comments to be made on the plan. How we engage with interested groups and members of the public will be determined by the coronavirus government guidance at the time. As well as a comprehensive digital plan, we will make every effort to engage with those who don't have access to or prefer not to use digital channels. Further details on this will be published along with the Plan.
- download Choices for City Plan
- review the report and responses to Choices for City Plan
- download the background documents to the Choices to City Plan - PDFs
- download City Plan 2030 commercial needs studies - PDFs.
Keep up to date with the project and any changes by
- subscribing to our blog
- following us on twitter at @planningedin
- joining in the conversation by using the #cityplan2030 hashtag.