Child entertainment licence

Children in performances and activities

You may need a child entertainment licence if your production or activity includes children under school leaving age as defined on the UK Government website. Productions and activities include

  • television
  • theatre
  • modelling
  • sport.

Download forms and privacy notice (PDFs)

You need a licence so we can make sure that the child's learning and welfare are protected during the production or activity.

Applications must be received at least 21 days before the production takes place.

For amateur productions, where a group of children are not being paid for taking part, a body of persons approval can be sought instead of applying for individual licences.

Read about child performances on the Scottish Government website.


Child licensing

Address: The City of Edinburgh Council,
Transactions - Assessment & Finance,
Waverley Court, Level C.3,
4 East Market Street,