Home insulation

Insulation for private sector and Council homes

The Council is working with Home Energy Scotland, Changeworks and partners to help people insulate their homes to make them warmer and cheaper to heat.

Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland: Area Based Schemes

We're now accepting registration for the following projects:

  • Drylaw (external wall insulation)
  • Sighthill (external wall insulation)
  • West Mains (external wall insulation)
  • Edinburgh wide (cavity and internal wall insulation)

These programmes are led by Changeworks and Home Energy Scotland, who will work with private owners. Where there are Council homes in these areas, works will be paid for by the Council. Eligible owners should have received a letter asking them to register their interest by calling Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282 or using our online form. If you're a Council tenant in one of these areas and you have questions, please email us at sfc.energy@edinburgh.gov.uk.

Get more insulation advice and information on the website, and contact Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282 or insulation@se.homeenergyscotland.org.