Energy efficiency and heating advice
Making simple changes will help to
- keep your home warm this winter
- improve your health
- save you money.
You can get advice about heating, energy tariffs and discounts and saving energy in your home by phoning Home Energy Scotland
0808 808 2282.
Energy Advice service
If you’re a Council tenant and struggling with the cost of keeping your home warm, or are worried about your heating and electricity costs, our Energy Advice service can help.
The Energy Advice service for Council tenants is provided by Changeworks, a Scottish environmental charity which has been giving expert advice and support to people across Scotland for over 30 years. Their advice is free, confidential and impartial and helps our tenants reduce energy bills and have warmer homes.
Changeworks advisors can help you
- check if you’re eligible and apply for the £140 Warm Home Discount
- understand and check your gas / electricity bills
- choose a gas / electricity supplier, tariff and payment option
- negotiate with energy suppliers on your behalf to resolve gas and electricity billing problems, including incorrect bills
- agree repayment options if you owe money to your supplier
- read your meters
- get the most out of your heating and hot water system
- deal with condensation in your home.
Energy saving tips
- Manage condensation in your home
- Manage condensation and damp
- How to manage condensation in the home
Dimplex storage heater video
Quantum storage heater videos
- Quantum storage heater controls
- Modify home all day option Quantum storage heater
- Modify out all day mode Quantum storage heater
- Setting the temperature on your Quantum heater
Get help with your gas and electricity concerns
Where to get help with your gas and electricity concerns, especially during lockdown.