Pay us back if you have received too much Housing Benefit form

You can complete this form without registering or signing in. This form will time out if you spend more than 10 minutes on a page.

If we have paid you too much Housing Benefit, we will almost always ask you to repay it. We will send you a bill for the full amount of the overpayment. If you still get Housing Benefit, you do not need to do anything. We will automatically reduce your payments until the money is paid back.

Find out more about how we calculate your Housing Benefit repayment.

If you don't get Housing Benefit any more, you can pay us back with this form.

You will need

  • the reference number on your bill
  • your card details.

Pay us back if you have received too much Housing Benefit

If you can't use this form, find other ways to repay Housing Benefit.

Data privacy

We need to store your name, address and contact details in order to process this form. Your card details will be will be processed by Barclaycard SmartPay. Please read our privacy notice for more information about how we use your personal data.

We made some changes to this form on 10 December and it may look a little different. If you need any assistance, you can email us at