Benefits review

We need to check that we're paying you the right amount of Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit. We may look at one aspect of your claim and soon after review your situation as a whole.

What you need to do

If we send you a review form, you need to complete, sign and return it to us within a month. Your payment may be suspended until the review is complete.

You will need to provide evidence of any changes since you applied or since your last review. The details we send with the review form will tell you what information we need.

If you don't have all the evidence straight away, you can send it on later. You should still return the form and the evidence you do have within one month. Contact us for advice about any missing information.

If you can't complete the form yourself, you should ask a support worker or family member to help you. If you don't have anyone who can support you, let us know so we can arrange support for you.

If you don't respond

If you don't send back the form

  • after one month, your benefit will be suspended and we will send you a reminder

  • after a further month, we may end your benefit claim.

If you disagree with our decision to end your claim, you have one month to make a written request for us to look at it again. You should explain why you didn't return the review form on time.

If we are unable to revise the decision in your favour, you should claim help towards your housing costs by applying for Universal Credit.