Ask Social Care Direct for advice

Refer an adult to Social Care Direct

Due to extreme pressure on the Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership your needs must usually be critical or substantial to receive Social Care services. We offer many other services without the need for an assessment. 

Find out if you may have critical or substantial needs.

We have to give priority to the people who are at the most risk.

Find out how we assess your needs

If you are reporting an Adult Protection concern please contact Social Care Direct on 0131 200 2324.

Make a referral online

You can use our online form if you want to contact Social Care Direct for yourself or another adult. There are four options in this form

  1. Ask for support from the Council
  2. Make a change to support you already receive
  3. Change information you have provided in an outstanding request
  4. Ask a question or provide information

Apply online for yourself 

Apply for family or friend

Apply as a professional

Reporting a death

To report the death of someone who was getting support from the Council

Call 0131 200 2324

Or email Social Care Direct

Referring more than one person

To refer more than one person to Social Care Direct, complete a form for each person separately.