Energy efficiency and heating advice for all residents
Making simple changes will help to
- keep your home warm this winter
- improve your health
- save you money.
You can get advice about heating, energy tariffs and discounts and saving energy in your home by phoning Home Energy Scotland for free on
0808 808 2282 or filling in the Home Energy Scotland online contact form.
Energy Advice Service for council tenants
If you’re a Council tenant and struggling with the cost of keeping your home warm, or are worried about your heating and electricity costs, our Energy Advice service can help.
The Energy Advice Service for Council tenants is provided by Changeworks, a Scottish environmental charity which has been giving expert advice and support to people across Scotland for over 30 years. Their advice is free, confidential and impartial and helps our tenants reduce energy bills and have warmer homes.
Changeworks advisors can help you
- check if you’re eligible and apply for the £140 Warm Home Discount
- understand and check your gas / electricity bills
- choose a gas / electricity supplier, tariff and payment option
- negotiate with energy suppliers on your behalf to resolve gas and electricity billing problems, including incorrect bills
- agree repayment options if you owe money to your supplier
- read your meters
- get the most out of your heating and hot water system
- deal with condensation in your home.
Energy saving tips
Top ten tips to help you avoid wasting energy in your home
Get the most effective use from your electric storage heaters
Get the most effective use from your panel heaters
- Manage condensation in your home
- Manage condensation and damp
- How to manage condensation in the home
Dimplex storage heater video
How to use old style storage heaters
Quantum storage heater videos
- Quantum storage heater controls
- Modify home all day option Quantum storage heater
- Modify out all day mode Quantum storage heater
- Setting the temperature on your Quantum heater
If you have any queries about benefits or have concerns about debts, the Council’s Advice Shop may be able to help.
Call 0131 200 2360 or email email@example.com or visit the Advice Shop webpage for information.