About the fund
Edinburgh’s Employer Recruitment Incentives (EERI) is funded by the Scottish Government under the No One Left Behind and Young Person's Guarantee funding stream and contributes to the work of the Edinburgh Guarantee.
Who is the fund for
Employers from all sectors are eligible for EERI and there is no restriction on the size of employer, but priority will be given to private SMEs and third sector organisations including social enterprises. You should use EERI to fill vacancies and create new and additional jobs. The fund will help with the costs of recruiting and employing someone who fits the criteria.
- other work-related costs.
The amount you receive is based on the hourly rate of pay and contracted hours for each employee.
- A part-time job (16-24 contracted hours per week), paid at an hourly rate between National Minimum Wage and Real Living Wage rates = £2,000
- A part-time job (16-24 contracted hours per week), paid at Real Living Wage rates or above = £4,000
- A full-time job (25 or more contracted hours per week), paid between National Minimum Wage and Real Living Wage rates = £4,000
- A full-time job (25 or more contracted hours per week), paid at Real Living Wage rates or above = £6,000
You can make mulitiple applications for funding, each application will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
About the fund
- We pay the fund directly to you
- It applies to new job starts up to 31 March 2022
- New employees should not start the post until funding is agreed
For a job to be eligible for funding it must
- offer a minimum of 52 weeks employment
- guarantee a minimum of 16 hours employment each week
- pay minimum wage rates or higher
- pay a salary greater than funding received
- have a contract of employment for example, permanent contract, a fixed term contract for 52 weeks or more or a fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship. Companies who employ a person on zero-hour contracts will not be eligible.
- By law, employees must receive a written contract of employment within two months of starting and we will need a copy of this.
You can employ someone who meets all the following criteria:
- is unemployed
- is aged between 16-67 years
- lives in Edinburgh
- has the right to live and work in the UK
- falls within two or more of the fund’s eligible groups
For a full list of eligible groups please download the employer pack.
EERI is for new job starts up to 31 March 2022. You must submit an application for each individual you wish to employ. There are a limited number of places so we will deal with applications on a first come, first served basis.
All applications for jobs starting within the incentive period must be completed, approved and the individual started their employment by 31 March 2022.
We aim to give you a decision on your application within 10 working days. As soon as you have our decision you are free to issue a start date to your new employee if you are proceeding with employment.
If you would like help to advertise your vacancy, we can provide free support to do this on The Edinburgh Guarantee, please let us know if you would like this support.
Rules and deadlines
Funds are for new job starts up to 31 March 2022. The employee must be in post by this date.
You can’t apply for funding for someone who is already in post. It must be for a new job or vacancy and the person must be out of work at the time of applying.
Employees must have a contract of employment for a minimum 16 hours per week, and be either a
- permanent contract
- fixed term contract for 52 weeks or more
- Modern Apprenticeship.
Zero-hour contracts will not be eligible.
EERI funding should not
- be used to create a job to cover a period of existing staff sickness or maternity leave
- be used to replace a post from which someone was made redundant
- duplicate costs that will be paid for by other programmes such as Community Job Scotland, Kickstart, Job Start Payment and Access to Work.
No One Left Behind
Edinburgh’s Employer Recruitment Incentive (EERI)Address: The City of Edinburgh Council, 1.4,
4 East Market Street,