Care provider Council Tax discount

Care provider Council Tax discount

You may be able to get a discount on your Council Tax bill if you give or receive care. At least 35 hours of care must be provided each week.  

Who can apply

The person cared for must normally be entitled to one of the following

  • armed forces independence payment
  • attendance allowance at the highest level
  • care component of disability living allowance at the highest rate
  • increased rate of disablement pension where constant attendance is needed
  • daily living component of personal independence payment at the enhanced rate
  • daily living component of adult disability payment at the enhanced rate

The person being cared for must not be your partner or a child under 18. 

Amount of discount

We may offer a

  • 25% discount if you live with another adult who you provide care for
  • 100% exemption if your property is unoccupied because you have gone to someone else's home to provide care or you receive care elsewhere.

This discount reduces your Council Tax, water and sewerage charges.

We regularly review our Council Tax discount requests.

Apply for a care provider discount