Developing a workplace travel plan is a great way to encourage active and sustainable travel for commuting and business purposes.
Encouraging sustainable travel can help your organisation meet a wide range of goals.
- business efficiency
- staff retention and well-being
- attracting the best new talent
- environmental performance
- becoming a better corporate neighbour
Workplace travel activities
There are lots of different ways to change your workplace and promote sustainable modes of travel. A few of these actions are listed below:
- Sustainable Travel Action Plans through the completion of Travel Surveys
- Workplace events such as Be Bright Be Seen Events & Sustainable Travel Roadshows
- Initiatives in line with the Health & Well-Being & Sustainability Policies
- Workplace awards such as the Healthy Working Lives Award, Cycling Friendly Employer Award and Walk at Work Award.
A wide range of information and support is available online to assist with workplace travel planning:
Travel Know How offers guidance on how to develop full travel plans and undertake promotion of sustainable travel initiatives in the workplace.
Way to Work provides a one-stop-shop for travel planning information
SCSP COP26 Legacy funding is available for running behaviour change initiatives focused on the environment