Edinburgh Leisure Ageing Well
Sessions take place in venues across the city and are led by trained volunteers who are older adults. Each week Ageing Well helps 400 older people in Edinburgh stay active and healthy. Contact Edinburgh Leisure for more details.
Join a group
- MeetUp lists a range of hobby groups including walking groups
- Jog Scotland have groups for a range of abilities with regular walk, jog or run sessions across the city
- Ramblers organise group walks at a range of levels for people based in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Park run is at 9.30am every Saturday morning at Cramond Promenade and Portobello's Figgate Park. It's a friendly all ability 5km / 3-mile course which you can walk or jog at your own pace.
Sustrans run monthly clean up days of the paths. Sign up to help keep our paths litter free.
There are lots of free apps to help you track how much you are walking each day
- Map my walk - follow a chosen route or create your own
- Runkeeper - this has a pocket track feature
- Scottish Government's journeys app - join the Lothian region, to see the impact on carbon emissions by our walks
- British Heart Foundation's handy guide to free walking apps
Find a route
- The medal routes app allows you to see nearby routes. These are great for your lunch break or for a walking loop to see more in your area.
- Use our QuietRoutes maps to find a route using off-road paths and quieter streets.
Walking events in Edinburgh
- Stepcount Challenge - a fun challenge in April and October for you to try with your colleagues!