Spokes have put together bike storage advice for storing bikes in tenements.
We are rolling out a number of secure storage units for residents, following the trial of installing units in a small number of streets.
We have received a large number of requests, and we are currently reviewing these with a view to roll out extra storage units in stages.
Theft prevention for your bike
To help you keep your bike safe
- avoid parking in isolated or dimly lit places
- always lock your bike frame to an immovable object
- lock removable parts, such as wheels, and take smaller parts and accessories with you
- make the lock and bike hard to move when parked
- face the lock towards the ground to make it harder to pick
- be prepared to spend at least 10% of your bike's value on a quality lock to keep it safe. Ask your local bike shop for advice on buying a lock.
Police Scotland offer free bike register security marking for bikes which can help identify your bike if it is recovered after being stolen.
If your bike is stolen, please phone Police Scotland