People charged with an offence

Alleged offenders

If you are charged with an offence, you may have to appear in Court.

You may need a lawyer when you appear in Court and may qualify for legal aid.

The court may bail you while your case in being dealt with and put you on bail supervision. This means

  • you meet with a criminal justice worker
  • you look at any problems in your life that cause you to offend.

The Procurators Fiscal may divert your case from prosecution. A report would be written by a criminal justice worker to look at

  • the offence
  • the reasons it happened
  • any difficulties you may have
  • what services are available to prevent reoffending.

Criminal Justice Services

Address: Grindlay Street Court,