The Council and its executive committees are made up of elected members. The elected members make the key policy and strategy decisions. These policies decide how services are run.
The plans are carried out by Council officers. These officers are based within four directorates each led by an executive director.
The executive directors are managed by the Chief Executive, as the Council’s statutory Head of Paid Service and principal policy adviser to the elected members.
Corporate Leadership Team
- Chief Executive - Andrew Kerr
- Executive Director of Communities and Families - vacant
- Executive Director of the Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership and Chief Officer of the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board - Judith Proctor
- Executive Director of Place - Paul Lawrence
- Executive Director of Resources - Stephen Moir