Health and wellbeing tips, tools and resources
Looking after our mental and physical wellbeing is more important than ever during these unprecedented times. This page will be continually updated to highlight key guidance and resources to help you stay as well as possible during COVID-19 and beyond:
Create a personal wellbeing plan
It can be helpful to think in advance about what strategies you have available to you to stay well and create healthy routines during this period and beyond. Creating a personal wellbeing plan is one way to think about what is most helpful for you.
Have a wellbeing check-in conversation
Use our wellbeing check-in tools to talk about your wellbeing with your manager or colleagues.
Taking care of your basic needs is more important than ever, including getting enough sleep and rest, eating sufficient healthy food and engaging in physical activity.
- 5-minute indoor workout
- Seated exercises
- Strength exercises
- Healthy sleep tips
- Easy, affordable and healthy eating during COVID-19
COVID-19 is an unprecedented situation so it’s natural that we may feel anxious, stressed or out of our comfort zone. It’s ok not to feel ok. The following resources can help you develop resilience during this period and manage difficult emotions.
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Positive Psychology tips
- How to manage and reduce stress
- Veterans First Point Lothian Resilience Guide
- The Advice Shop
- Financial guidance though PAM Assist
- Money Saving Expert guide about your finances
- Citizens Advice Scotland
- Home Energy Scotland free webinar on looking after your energy bills
Home working or self-isolating
- Five ways to wellbeing when working from home
- Healthy working at home
- Staying psychologically well - Home working guide
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) guidance - information on good practice and setting up your workstation. For advice on DSE assessments contact PAM Assist on 0141 428 3900 or if you wish to book an assessment ask your manager to refer you.
Other free external resources, apps and webinars:
- Free mindfulness resources
- Instruction for 3 simple but powerful breathing techniques
- Free wellbeing podcasts
- Staying sell in uncertain times free webinar
- Free sleep webinar
- Why sleep is your superpower Ted Talk
- 10 self-compassion practices for COVID-19
- Guided self-compassion break in the era of COVID-19
- App for free stress and anxiety tools
- Free guided meditations and talks for stress, anxiety, sleep and mindfulness