Apply for carer Council Tax discount

You can complete this form without registering or signing in.

To be eligible

  • you need to provide care for at least 35 hours per week to someone who needs it because of old age, disablement, illness, past or present alcohol or drug dependence or past or present mental disorder
  • the person being cared for cannot be spouse or child under 18.

The person being cared for must normally be entitled to one of the following

  • attendance allowance at the highest level
  • care component of a disability living allowance at the highest rate
  • daily living component of personal independence payment at the enhanced rate
  • armed forces independence payment
  • increased rate of disablement pension where constant attendance is needed.

If the person does not receive one of these benefits, you may still get an exemption if you have left your property unoccupied while you are staying with the person you are caring for. If you are staying with the person you are caring for but normally live elsewhere, give your main address in part A and the address of the person you are caring for in part B.

We aim to process your enquiry within 21 days.

Please note: This form will time out if you spend more than 10 minutes on a page.