Who can apply
To apply for a grant you need to be
- 16 or over
- on a low income or receiving benefits (Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, or Pension Credit).
You must apply to the Council where you live or where you intend to live if you are leaving hospital, prison or residential care.
- have an immediate need
- are vulnerable due to old age, ill health or another reason
- face significant adverse consequences if the grant is not given.
Who won't qualify
You won't qualify for a grant if you have
- already applied for the same item in the last 28 days, unless your circumstances have changed
- made a claim for a Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) benefit and it's delayed. You can apply for a Short-term Advance instead
- already received three crisis grants in the last 12 months. However in exceptional circumstances we may be able to consider a further one off payment.
Scottish Welfare Fund teamAddress: Waverley Court,
4 East Market Street,