Start secondary school
Moving from primary to secondary school
There will be a place at a secondary school based on their catchment area if your child is
- due to start secondary school in August 2017
- currently in P7 at a primary school run by us
- living in the City of Edinburgh Council area.
You will only be guaranteed a place in the school if you live in the catchment area. If you live outside the catchment area you will need to make a placing request and you will only receive a place if one is available.
Apply for your place
You have a choice of two catchment schools
- Roman Catholic (RC).
If too many children are allocated to the RC school, priority will be given to children who are baptised in the Roman Catholic faith.
Children who are turned down at their RC school are given a place in their non-denominational school. If you are affected by this we will send you a letter in March 2017.
Moving to the catchment area
If you are moving into a different school catchment area before August 2017, please complete the Change of Address form below.
For more information please
- download from below the Placing in Schools guide and our admissions policy
- read Choosing a School: A Guide for Parents on the Scottish Government website.