Decisions on school places
- P1 and S1 school admissions (selected)
- Schools with available places in P1 or S1
P1 and S1 school admissions
Places in catchment schools
All catchment children registered for P1 by 28 February 2018 are guaranteed a place in one of their catchment schools. The same applies to P7 children who were allocated a provisional place in high school.
We do not send confirmation letters to parents unless you requested a place in your catchment Roman Catholic school. Instead, schools will contact parents directly to confirm places and arrange induction before the end of May 2018.
Roman Catholic schools
Children who are baptised in the Roman Catholic faith are guaranteed a place in their catchment Roman Catholic school. This applies only if proof of baptism was received by 28 February 2018.
We have turned down places for non-baptised catchment children at
- Holy Cross Primary
- St Catherine's Primary
- St Cuthbert's Primary
- St David's Primary
- St John's Primary
- St Mary's (Edinburgh) Primary
- St Peter's Primary
- Holy Rood High
- St Augustine's High
- St Thomas of Aquin's High.
Decision letters were sent on 14 March 2018.
Non-catchment placing requests
We make decisions on non-catchment placing requests depending on the date received.
If we received your placing request
- by 24 December 2017 we sent you a letter on 14 March 2018.
- between 25 December 2017 and 15 March 2018, we will send you a letter before the end of April 2018.
- on 16 March 2018 or later, we will send you a letter within two months of your application date.