Macmillan Cancer Support in libraries
Macmillan Cancer support in libraries
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service helps people in Edinburgh who have been affected by cancer. Service points at
- Central Library, information only
- Craigmillar Library
- Drumbrae Library Hub
- Leith Library
- Morningside Library
- Portobello Library
give access to Macmillan information materials and specialist books.
Trained volunteers are on hand to offer a listening ear and help you find the information you need. Volunteers support people to access different types of support including
- advice about benefits
- work related issues
- counselling and mindfulness.
All services are free for people affected by cancer.
Library drop in times
- Portobello Library - Mondays 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Drumbrae Library Hub - Tuesdays 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Leith Library - Wednesdays 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Craigmillar Library - Thursdays 10.30am to 2.30pm
- Morningside Library - Fridays 10.30am to 2.30pm
We're recruiting volunteers for this service. Please get in touch if you have good listening skills and an interest in helping people. We provide full training and pay expenses.
Download the application form (DOCX, 106 KB) and return it by email or to the address on the form.
To find out more contact