Guided walks, rides and events
Join a group and cycle somewhere new
Cycling Edinburgh has a great timetable of bike rides.
Paths for All weekly health walks
Within Edinburgh there are currently 14 active projects, running at least 26 regular walking groups.
Be Bright Be Seen
Now that the clocks have changed and the nights are getting darker, make sure you are
- visible to other people when out cycling or driving
- looking out for people who may be more difficult to see.
Paths for Everyone
It's great to see that the off-road paths are so popular. They are a great way to see more of the city, and to explore new areas. To help make the paths more pleasant for everyone, please remember to look out for each other. Find out more about Paths for Everyone.
Sustrans run monthly clean-up days of the paths. Sign up to help keep our paths litter free.
Explore a new part of the city or to see more of the lovely scenery on your doorstep. Join a buggy walk in
- Cameron Toll
- Botanic Gardens
- Hermitage of Braid.
Edinburgh Leisure's Ageing Well
Sessions take place in venues throughout the city and are led by trained volunteers, who are also older adults. Each week this multi-award winning project helps over 400 older people in Edinburgh stay active and healthy.
Contact Edinburgh Leisure for details. Read about Ageing Well.
Walking route loop ideas near you
Download the Medal Routes app, which allows you to see nearby routes - perfect for your lunch break or for seeing more near you.
- Cycling Edinburgh offers organised rides
- Belles on Bikes organises regular cycle rides for women
- Edinburgh Bike Tours offers private bike tours of the city
- 20 milers are free monthly led rides for less experienced cyclists
- Cycle Scotland run cycle tours of Scotland from their Edinburgh base
- Hervelo is a women's cycling club for onroad, offroad and beginner-level rides
- Edinburgh Road Club is one of the biggest cycling clubs in the UK for all types of cycling
Walking and jogging groups
- Meet Up lists a range of events and activities
- Jog Scotland have groups for a range of abilities with regular walk, jog or run sessions across the city
- Ramblers organises group walks for a range of abilities and ages for people based in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Park Run is an event organised every Saturday morning at Cramond Promenade and Portobello's Figgate Park. It is a friendly, all-ability 5km/3 mile course which you can walk or jog at your own pace.