Guided walks, rides and events
Inverleith festival of walking and cycling - Sunday 24 September 2017 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Come along to Inverleith Park (East) where there will be a range of activities on offer to try out for free. Find out more information and which activities need to be pre-booked.
Do you have a spare couple of hours?
Sustrans run monthly clean-up days of the paths, sign up to help out and keep our paths looking litter-free.
Are you a new parent?
Join a guided walk in Spring/Summer 2017. Sign up to explore a new part of the city, or to see more of the lovely scenery on your doorstep.
- Botanic Gardens
- Cameron Toll
- Hermitage of Braid
Edinburgh Leisure's Ageing Well programme
Sessions take place in community venues throughout the city and are led by trained Ageing Well volunteers, who are also older adults. Each week this multi-award winning project helps over 400 older people in Edinburgh stay active and healthy. Contact Edinburgh Leisure for more details. Find out more about the Ageing Well programme.
Looking for a new walking route?
If you are looking for a new walk route check out the new Medal Routes app, which allows you to choose a mapped out route to complete.
Local cycling clubs
- Cycling Edinburgh - organised rides
- Edinburgh Bike Tours offer private bike tours of the city
- 20 milers - free monthly led rides for less experienced cyclists
- Belles on Bikes - this group organise regular cycle rides for women
- Cycle Scotland run cycle tours of Scotland from their Edinburgh base
- Hervelo - a women's cycling club for onroad, offroad and beginner level rides
- Edinburgh Road Club - one of the biggest cycling clubs in the UK for all types of cycling, including road, track, triathlon and mountain-biking
Local walking/jogging groups
- Meet Up - a site which lists a range of events and activities to join
- Jog Scotland - groups for a range of abilities with regular walk, jog or run sessions in a range of areas across the city
- Ramblers - a group who organise group walks for a range of abilities and age groups, for people based in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Park Run - this is an event which is organised every Saturday morning at Cramond Promenade and also Figgate Park, Portobello. It is a very friendly, all-ability 5km/3 mile course which you can walk or jog, at your own pace.