Roseburn to Union Canal cycle route
We are proposing a new walking and cycling route linking Roseburn to the Union Canal. This route will fill in a key missing link between existing off-road cycle networks in the city, and has been identified as priority in our Active Travel Action Plan.
The project aims to improve the route between the Roseburn Path and the Union Canal. The project will also help to deliver Edinburgh's Open Space Strategy, including the following actions:
- Deliver a high quality cycling facility
- Improve cycle connectivity across the city by completing the missing link in the network.
- Integrate with CEC's wider proposals for upgrading the 'QuietRoutes' network.
- Provide safer, more direct and convenient city centre access to key destinations in the city centre, by bicycle.
- Provide additional greenspace and enhance the existing community areas along the route section.
We undertook a public consultation between November 2015 and February 2016.
- Stage 1 - Initial Feasibility Study - Complete
- Stage 2 - Route development and stakeholder engagement - Complete
- Stage 3 - Design, Planning Application and Tender Preparation - Ongoing
- Stage 4 - Construction TBC