Apply for a high hedge notice
If you have an issue with a high hedge and have been unable to resolve this with your neighbour you can request that a high hedge notice is served. To request a notice you will need to complete and return the application pack to the address below. Before completing the application please read the High Hedge guidance below.
The appropriate fee must be submitted with the application. The scale of fees is
- basic high hedge application fee - £350
- where there are multiple applicants an additional £100 per each additional property to be assessed is required
- where the hedge is in multiple ownership of more than 6 owners an additional fee of £100 is required
- application by a registered disabled person - no fee
- in case of hardship at discretion of Head of Service - no fee
- where additional reports are required such as wildlife survey - at cost
The full scale of fees, including information regarding refunds can also be found below.
About the High Hedges Act (Scotland) 2013
The High Hedges Act (Scotland) 2013 came into force on April 1st 2014. It is intended to provide a solution to the problem of high hedges where neighbours have not been able to resolve the issue. It provides a means of resolving disputes over the effects of high hedges that interfere with the reasonable enjoyment of domestic property, as a result of a loss of light.