Road or pavement problem

Report a road or pavement problem

You can report problems such as potholes and rocking/broken slabs.

Please use our other forms to report litter, report a street light or report a road sign

Report a road or pavement problem

Road and pavement emergencies

If the issue is an immediate threat to safety please use our emergency contact number

Example emergency issues are

  • carriageway defects greater than 100mm
  • footway defects greater than 50mm
  • footway cracks, gaps or trips greater than 25mm
  • rocking slabs greater than 25mm
  • cycle lane defects greater than 50mm
  • missing ironworks, for example manholes and gully grills
  • damaged pedestrian guardrails likely to cause injury.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.