Adapting your home

If you have difficulty moving around your home because of mobility or health issues we may be able to help you.

This might mean recommending a major change to your property or getting a small piece of equipment, for example

  • changing the layout of your kitchen or installing a wet floor shower
  • building a ramp inside or outside your property
  • fitting a handrail
  • a bath or shower seat or other simple equipment
  • a personal alarm or monitor.

Social care direct can arrange for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to visit and assess your needs.

The OT will let you know what they recommend based on our agreed criteria and let you know what will happen next.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.