Public internet access at Council offices
Wi-Fi Zone locations and user restrictions
If you have a meeting with us, we provide free public internet access via a Wi-Fi connection at these offices
You don't need to register before using the service, but you will need to provide a contact email address to begin your session.
You can also get public internet access at city libraries.
- Find a public area with Wi-Fi Zone signs. Make sure you get a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Your mobile device should find the Council Public Internet Wi-Fi network. Connect to it
- Try to browse the internet. You will be diverted to our Wi-Fi portal page. Your mobile device may have already taken you to this automatically
- On the portal page, enter a valid contact email address in the text box, then click or tap the Continue button.
We filter internet content to prevent access to inappropriate material. Be aware however that material may still be accessible which is not appropriate for children.
To ensure the speed and reliability of the service for all users we unfortunately have to restrict or prohibit
- multiplayer online gaming
- the file transfer protocol (FTP)
- file download/upload, according to size
- peer-to-peer file sharing such as BitTorrent.