Noisy neighbours

Report noise from neighbouring residential properties

If you are being disturbed in your home by noise you should contact the police on 101 when the noise is happening. The kinds of noise could be

  • neighbours playing loud music or TV or having parties
  • neighbours banging or shouting
  • washing machines or DIY work late at night.

You can contact the Police Force Control Centre on 101, any time of the day, 7 days a week. This service is run in partnership with Police Scotland and ourselves. Once you have contacted the police an officer will be in contact with you to discuss the matter further.

If you have an ongoing problem with any of the above situations and would like to speak to someone to get advice you can contact your local office and ask to speak to a community safety officer. Please note this service is only available

  • Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm 
  • Friday 8.30am to 3.50pm.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.