Moving on to adult services
Transitions for young people with disabilities
The Transition Team work with young people aged 14 to early 20s who have disabilities. We help support the move from school and children's services to adult services using a person-centred approach.
If young people have a disability need transitional planning, they will be referred to us by the school at S2 stage.
If you have not been referred and need to access the service, please contact us.
- provide information and support to explore different options
- give access to support and social support groups
- ensure that the young person receives the benefits they are entitled to
- support the move to further education or services when the young person leaves school.
- provide support to those leaving college and requiring day services.