Home contents insurance
We can arrange home contents insurance through Allianz Insurance plc specifically for Council tenants.
Prices start from £2.65 a fortnight for tenants aged under 60 for a £12,000 sum insured and from just £1.36 a fortnight for a £9,000 sum insured if you are aged 60 or over.
We encourage all Council tenants to take out insurance to protect your furniture, belongings and decorations against fire, theft, water damage and other risks.
To get a free quotation call us on
0131 529 4399
It just takes a few minutes and you can decide later.
If you prefer we can send you an application pack.
- no excess to pay if you make a claim
- all postcodes included at no added cost
- pay fortnightly along with your rent.
There is new for old cover. New for old cover means your things would be replaced as new except for bed linen and clothing. They would be replaced at their current cost less an amount for wear and tear.
By paying extra, you can include
- full accidental damage cover within the home
- personal possessions cover - including mobiles - anywhere in the UK
- wheelchairs and hearing aids
- garden hut, garage and greenhouse structures.
There's a checklist in the application pack to help you work out how much cover you need.
Keeping up payments
If you miss a payment the insurers may not pay a claim. If you fall behind with your rent, we may cancel your policy.
Terms and conditions apply. You can ask us for a copy of the policy wording.