Report dog fouling
Let us know if there is a problem with dog owners not picking up after their dogs in public places such as streets and parks. It would help if you can provide the times and a description of the dog and owner where possible.
Please do not use this form to report dog fouling in privately owned enclosed areas, such as private gardens or fenced off land which are not covered by The Dog Fouling (Scotland) Act 2003.
In Scotland it is also an offence under the Dog Fouling (Scotland) Act 2003. Any person who is in charge of a dog must pick up and get rid of the dog's fouling, by putting it in any litter bin or your own landfill bin. This legislation covers any public place, including
- footpaths and roads
- parks, including football or rugby pitches
- shared land like back greens, stairs, and closes
- any open land that the public has access to
We use the information provided to prevent future instances of dog fouling, so that we can help keep your streets clean. We work to tackle the problem by
- asking people to pick up after their dog
- giving Fixed Penalty Notices of £80 - 100 to people we catch not picking up after their dog
- providing support to community groups
- telling people about the dangers of not picking up after their dog.