Parking Action Plan
- Parking Action Plan (selected)
- Parking Action Plan – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Parking controls help to keep traffic on Edinburgh's streets moving smoothly, improve road safety and manage the number of vehicles on our roads.
The main actions the plan includes are to
- improve parking management at weekends and on Sundays
- roll out shared use parking places
- introduce visitors' permits in the city centre.
The parking action plan was approved by the Transport and Environment Committee on 7 June 2016 and you can download it below. Work on the actions is already under way and will be introduced gradually over the next few years. Regular progress reports will be submitted to Committee in the future to keep you informed of further developments.
You can download three of the parking protocols that have been developed as a result of the parking action plan and these include:
- Controlled Parking and Priority Parking
- Parking Enforcement, and
- the Residents' Permits on Private Roads.