Recycling and rubbish tips
- Community Recycling Centres (selected)
- What you can bring to a Community Recycling Centre
- What not to bring to any site
- Other ways to reuse, recycle and reduce waste
Community Recycling Centres
Only Edinburgh residents can use our Community Recycling Centres (CRC)
- Bankhead Avenue, Sighthill, EH11 4EA
- Fillyside Road, Seafield, EH7 6RD
- Old Dalkeith Road, Craigmillar, EH16 4TB
View Community Recycling Centres (CRC) in a larger map
8am to 7pm Monday to Friday (all vehicles to have exited site by 7.30pm)
8am to 5.30pm Saturday and Sunday (all vehicles to have exited site by 6pm)
In the event of severe weather conditions the sites may be closed at short notice.
Site safety and rules
- You can only use the site if you are an Edinburgh resident, for your own household waste
- You cannot bring any trade, commercial or business waste to any of the sites. Find out more about trade waste at community recycling centres.
- We reserve the right to check the contents of your vehicle to decide whether it is commercial or domestic waste.
- Staff are there to help customers and ensure their safety. Site users must follow all instructions given by site staff.
- The Council will seek the prosecution of anyone who threatens or assaults our employees.
- All vehicles must observe speed limits and traffic flow signs; reversing is not allowed.
- Children and animals must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- All waste must be sorted and deposited in the correct skip or container for the material.
- All materials deposited on site, whether for recycling or disposal must only be removed by an end user which has been agreed with the Council.
- No other parties are allowed to remove materials for any purpose.
Vehicles allowed on sites
- Residents can come to any site in cars or with single axle trailers to recycle or dispose of household waste
- Residents using vans and double axle trailers are only allowed in to Sighthill and Seafield.
- If you are using a hire van, you must bring the hire documents, and 2 forms of identification: a utility bill and a photo driving license, or a passport, or other form of photographic identification with address. Staff have the right to refuse access to anyone who fails to produce any of these documents.
- If you are using a van with no branding, please bring 2 forms of identification: a utility bill and a photo driving license, or a passport, or other form of photographic identification with address. Staff have the right to refuse access to anyone who fails to produce any of these documents.
- Liveried vans are not allowed into any of the sites.