Recycling and rubbish tips/dumps
Community Recycling Centres
You can recycle and take other household rubbish to our community recycling centres
- Bankhead Avenue, Sighthill, EH11 4EA
- Fillyside Road, Seafield, EH7 6RD
- Old Dalkeith Road, Craigmillar, EH16 4TB
View Community Recycling Centres (CRC) in a larger map
8am-7.30pm Monday to Friday (last entry for cars is 7.20 pm, for vans 7:00 pm)
8am-6pm Saturday and Sunday (last entry for cars is 5.50 pm, for vans 5:30 pm)
In the event of severe weather conditions the sites may be closed at short notice.
From the 23 October 2015 we will no longer be accept trade waste at any of the sites. You can find out more on the trade waste at community recycling centres web page.
Cars or single axle trailer carrying household waste are allowed at all sites.
Vans and double axle trailers carrying household waste are only allowed in at Sighthill and Seafield.
You can only use the site if you are an Edinburgh resident. If you are coming to the site in a hire van or a van with no branding on it then please bring along your hire documents and proof that you are a resident in Edinburgh.
Items that can be recycled or reused
The following items can be recycled
- bricks, rubble, loose soil
- car batteries
- DVDs, CDs, videos and books (in reusable condition, no home videos or copied CDs)
- clothing and shoes including household textiles such as blankets, towels and curtains
- all types of Cooking oil
- energy saving light bulbs
- engine oil
- fridges and freezers
- fluorescent tubes
- garden waste including flowers, plants, garden weeds, grass clippings, hedge trimmings and leaves
- gas bottles
- glass bottles and jars all colours
- household batteries
- Hard plastics such as garden furniture.
- large electrical equipment including large household appliances
- low grade wood such as chipboard, fencing, formica, hardboards, laminates, MDF, plywood and window frames
- packaging including empty aerosols, aluminium foil, cans, anything cardboard, envelopes, food tins and plastic bottles
- all water based paints
- paper including magazines, newspaper, shredded paper, telephone directories and all other types of white paper
- small electrical equipment such as computers, telephones, consoles, irons, hairdryers and other small household appliances
- solid wood including doors, solid furniture and pallets
- tv and computer monitors
- furniture for re-use. Please note sofas and armchairs must have fire labels.