Full or overflowing communal bin

Report a full or overflowing communal bin

You can use this form to report a full or overflowing communal bin that is shared between several homes.

Step 1 - register

If you want to keep track of your form, you’ll need to register with mygovscot myaccount. Need help with mygovscot myaccount?

Step 2

Report a full or overflowing communal bin

Step 3 - help

For issues check our help page or contact


The form should not be used to report bulky waste items such as a mattress or sofa that has been dumped beside the bins because this is fly tipping.

If there's flytipping, please report it to us using the form below and we’ll remove it.

Report flytipping

Overflowing individual wheelie bins

We don't collect rubbish left beside individual wheelie bins, as explained in our waste and cleansing policies.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve edinburgh.gov.uk

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.