Shared repairs and maintenance

Architects, surveyors and engineers

An architect, surveyor or engineer can look at the problem and advise you what work is needed before you contact tradespeople. They can organise and scrutinise quotes for you and supervise the work. 

The Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland can help you find an architect and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors can help you find a surveyor.

To find the one that suits you best, approach two or three and ask

  • what experience they have of doing similar work
  • who will manage the work
  • what is the cost and what does it include and
  • when can they start.

Using an architect, surveyor or engineer may cost more but can mean better quality and value for money in the long term.  

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.