Ask for help or complain about education

If you need advice or wish to complain about one of our services please contact the school, community centre or service directly in the first instance. 

You can also contact the Education Advice Helpline at the contact details below.

Download complaints procedures and policies below.


You can seek advice or make a complaint in writing or by email to the addresses at the bottom of the page if your complaint has not been resolved locally to your satisfaction. 

We will acknowledge your complaint and an Investigating Officer will contact you directly.

Following an investigation we will send you a letter to tell you

  • the outcome of the investigation
  • the conclusions drawn
  • the reasons behind the conclusions
  • any action taken or proposed
  • any further action you may take.

We learn from complaints and take action to adjust services when appropriate.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.