Local and Strategic Development Plans
Edinburgh Local Development Plan
- Page 1 of 3
- Next page
A Local Development Plan (LDP) is produced by the Council and sets out detailed policies and proposals to guide development within Edinburgh. The Proposed Local Development Plan and its supporting documents was approved by Planning Committee on 19 March 2013. The Proposed Plan is available to download:
View the Online Proposals Map
Watch our video to find out more about the Proposed Plan
Representation Period (now closed)
The period in which representations on the Proposed Local Development Plan could be made ran from 1 May to 14 June 2013 (5pm).
In due course the representations received will be made available to view on this website (personal contact details will be redacted) and at the Planning & Building Standards Reception at Waverley Court. All representations will be considered by the Council as it progresses the Plan, and updates will be sent to everyone who submitted representations.
The Proposed Plan is supported by an Action Programme and transport and education appraisals. The Proposed Plan has been assessed by a Habitats Regulations Appraisal, an environmental assessment and an equalities and rights impact assessment. These documents are available to download:
- Proposed Action Programme March 2013
- Revised Environmental Report March 2013 - Vol 1
- Revised Environmental Report March 2013 - Vol 2 South East Edinburgh
- Revised Environmental Report March 2013 - Vol 2 West Edinburgh
- Revised Environmental Report March 2013 - Vol 2 Citywide
- Education Appraisal March 2013
- Equalities and Rights Impact Assessment March 2013
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal March 2013
- Schedule of Consultation March 2013
- Transport Appraisal March 2013 Vol 1
- Transport Appraisal March 2013 Vol 2 - Appendices
The 19 March 2013 report to the Planning Committee is also available.
Development Plan Scheme - March 2013
A development plan scheme was approved by the Planning Committee on 19 March 2013. This sets out the programme for preparing the Local Development Plan.
The examination report for the Strategic Development Plan was published on 15 April 2013 and can be viewed at http://www.dpea.scotland.gov.uk/ case reference: SDP-230-1.
Waverley Court, G:1, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG
Tel: 0131 469 3411 / 3590
To buy a hard copy of the LDP Proposed Plan and its background documents
Tel: 0131 529 3550