Support for people with disabilities

  1. Local Area Co-ordination (selected)
  2. My Connect, Pool My Budget

Local Area Co-ordination

If you are over 16, and have a mild to moderate physical or learning disability or acquired brain injury, we can offer time limited advice and support for you to

  • use transport independently 
  • make plans for the future
  • keep up with friends and get to know people locally 
  • find out about suitable resources
  • look into further education that may help you get work, full-time, part-time, paid or voluntary
  • use leisure services.

We can also provide support to your family or carers.

You can download the Local Area Co-ordination leaflet with contact details and a referral form below.

If you require ongoing care and support, please contact Social Care Direct to request an assessment or contact Local Area Co-ordination if you are looking for advice.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.