Internet safety for children
Explain to your child that it's important to
- know that people online may not be truthful about their age or who they are
- not give personal details to people they only 'know' online
- not agree to meet anyone who they may have got to know online
- tell you what websites they use
- never swap passwords with anyone to access a computer or the Internet
- tell a 'trusted adult' if they are being bullied online.
Report a concern
Contact Social Care Direct if you are worried about a child or young person's safety or wellbeing. Speak up if you think a child is being bullied, abused or stalked online or on their mobile phone.
Call 999 in an emergency or call the police on 101 if it's not urgent.