Financial support is available for new and existing coaches.
Sport Scotland offer support for level 1 and 2 qualifications and candidates must apply for this first before approaching us. Our funding will then support you with a proportion of the remainder.
Each coach will be supported up to a maximum of £150.
If you coach in Edinburgh, you can join Coaching Edinburgh to keep up to date with coaching opportunites. You will receive discounts on coaching workshops and a monthly newsletter. We will email you a discount code after you have applied.
You can apply if
- you coach in Edinburgh
- you demonstrate coaching activity within six months of applying
- the course you need funding for takes place in Scotland.
To apply you need to
- check with your club, school or community group that they will support your application
- apply to Sport Scotland for scholarship funding
- Download our scholarship form (DOC, 72 KB)
We will check your application and email you our decision within 10 working days. Funds awarded will be paid directly to the club or coach once we have received proof of course completion and evaluation and scholarship acceptance form.