Macmillan Cancer Support in libraries
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service helps people in Edinburgh who have been affected by cancer. Service points at
- Central Library
- Craigmillar Library
- Drumbrae Library Hub
- Leith Library
give access to Macmillan information materials and specialist books.
Trained volunteers are on hand to offer a listening ear and help you find the information you need. Volunteers support people to access different types of support including
- advice about benefits
- work related issues
- counselling and mindfulness.
All services are free for people affected by cancer.
Library drop in times
- Central Library Tuesday 3 to 5pm and Friday 1 to 3pm
- Craigmillar Library Monday 1 to 4pm and Thursday 11am to 1pm
- Drumbrae Library Hub Thursday midday to 2:30pm and Saturday 11am to 1pm
- Leith Library Wednesday 11am to 1pm and Friday 11am to 1pm.
We're recruiting volunteers for this service. Please get in touch if you have good listening skills and an interest in helping people. We provide full training and pay expenses.
Download the application form below and return it by email or to the address on the form.
To find out more contact