Macmillan Cancer Support in libraries
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service helps people in Edinburgh who have been affected by cancer. Service points, initially at Central Library and Craigmillar Library, give access to Macmillan information materials and specialist books. Volunteers will be on hand to offer a listening ear and to help people find the information they need.
Volunteers also offer further support such as counselling or mindfulness provided by Cancer Support Scotland or other Macmillan funded programmes.
Current library drop in times
- Craigmillar Library Monday 11am - 3pm
- Central Library Tuesday 3pm - 7pm
- Craigmillar Library Thursday 11am - 3pm
- Central Library Friday 11am - 3pm
From 1st March 2017, library drop in times will change to
- Craigmillar Library Monday 1pm - 4pm
- Central Library Tuesday 3pm - 5pm
- Craigmillar Library Thursday 11am - 1pm
- Central Library Friday 1pm - 3pm
We're recruiting volunteers for this service. Please get in touch if you have good listening skills and an interest in helping people. Full training is given and expenses are payable.
Download the application form below, complete and return it by email or to the address on the form.
To find out more contact