Macmillan Cancer Support in libraries
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service helps people in Edinburgh who have been affected by cancer. Service points at
- Central Library (information only)
- Craigmillar Library
- Drumbrae Library Hub
- Leith Library
- Morningside Library, from the week beginning 11 December 2017
- Portobello Library, from the week beginning 11 December 2017
give access to Macmillan information materials and specialist books.
Trained volunteers are on hand to offer a listening ear and help you find the information you need. Volunteers support people to access different types of support including
- advice about benefits
- work related issues
- counselling and mindfulness.
All services are free for people affected by cancer.
Library drop in times
- Craigmillar Library Monday 1 to 3pm and Thursday 11am to 1pm
- Drumbrae Library Hub Tuesday 11am to 1pm and Thursday midday to 2pm
- Leith Library Wednesday 1pm to 3pm and Friday 11am to 1pm
- Morningside Library Tuesday 2 to 4pm and Friday 1p to 3pm starting week beginning 11 December 2017
- Portobello Library Monday 2 to 4pm and Wednesday 2 to 4pm starting week beginning 11 December 2017.
We're recruiting volunteers for this service. Please get in touch if you have good listening skills and an interest in helping people. We provide full training and pay expenses.
Download the application form below and return it by email or to the address on the form.
To find out more contact