Play in Edinburgh's parks
A wide range of play areas and sports facilities are available in Edinburgh’s parks for young people to enjoy.
To find out more about your play areas, or to report an issue, please contact us.
0131 608 1100
You can skateboard and bmx at
Several parks have areas set aside for ball games. These areas have multi-functional goal ends that can be used for a variety of games including football and basketball.
You can find these in
- Broomhouse Grove
- Brown Street
- Clermiston Park
- Dalmeny Street Park
- Gorgie/Dalry Community Park
- Henderson Gardens
- Inch Park
- Jewel Park
- King George V Park, Currie
- King George V Park, Eyre Place
- Piershill Square East
- Wester Drylaw Drive
Mountain bike tracks
You can experience mountain bike riding in Edinburgh at the following parks
- Easter Drylaw Park: 100m bike trail
- Hailes Quarry Park 340m 'pump' bike track
- Huntershall Park 200m 'blue' grade bike track (suitable for intermediate riders with basic off road skills)
- Meadowfield Park 260m 'blue' grade bike track (suitable for intermediate riders with basic off road skills)
Play area Action Plan
The Play Area Action Plan aims to guide the improvement of current play areas, sets out a vision for future play areas, and prioritises future investment.