Edinburgh in Bloom
Get involved with Edinburgh in Bloom
Edinburgh in Bloom is our campaign to make Edinburgh a cleaner and greener place to live, work and visit. We work with a range of individuals, groups, businesses and organisations as part of our Bloom campaign. Following success at the Britain in Bloom awards in 2013, Edinburgh was nominated to take part in the European competition, Entente Florale for 2014, and was awarded a gold medal.
Edinburgh in Bloom aims to improve the whole of Edinburgh. We want to encourage people to get involved in looking after our unique and beautiful city.
There are a number of ways that you can get involved.
As a community
- enter the Beautiful Scotland Awards or It's Your Neighbourhood campaign
- work with us to improve a greenspace that is important to you, perhaps as part of the Clean-Up Edinburgh campaign.
- set up a friends group for your local greenspace if one does not exist.
As an individual
- join your local greenspaces's friends group
- take your ideas to your community council
- plant an attractive front garden or hanging baskets to brighten your street.
As a business
- enter your Business Improvement District in the national Beautiful Scotland Awards
- create an eye-catching floral display for your shop front
- ask your staff to do some voluntary work in the community.