Report a public health nuisance

Public health nuisances

We investigate complaints of statutory nuisance.  These are environmental problems that can affect your health and wellbeing. Problems can include

  • water leaks
  • dampness
  • odour
  • dust
  • fumes
  • light
  • noise
  • dirty houses.

If someone is causing a nuisance and they don't try to stop or fix the problem, we can serve a notice forcing them to stop or fix the problem. Contact us if you want to report a nuisance.

Weed Control

We also look into complaints about certain non native weeds, such as giant hogweed, on private land. Please read our weed control page for more information.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.