Report an accident at work

Certain accidents, diseases, and other incidents, such as near misses, which happen at work, have to be reported. This includes both employees and members of the public. The legal requirement to do this is known as RIDDOR.

This is to allow us, or the Health and Safety Executive, to investigate the matter fully.

Find out what is a reportable incident and how make a RIDDOR report.

A record should be kept of all accidents at work, even ones which don't need to be reported. This can be done in an accident book.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.