Cooling towers and legionella
You must tell us in writing if you have a cooling tower or evaporative condenser in a non-domestic premises. This is to help us identify areas that could cause the spread of infection. It also ensures that preventative measures can be taken to protect the health of employees and the public, from illnesses such as legionnaires' disease.
How to notify us
There is no fee for notifying us. Download an application form to
- register a new cooling tower or evaporative condenser
- report changes to any existing cooling tower or evaporative condenser.
Please return the completed form to us. Alternatively, we can post or email you a form.
We share boundaries with
- East Lothian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Lothian: email@example.com
- Midlothian Councils: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get details of their cooling tower registers by emailing them.