You must tell us in writing if you have a cooling tower or evaporative condenser in a non-domestic premises. This is to help us identify areas that could cause the spread of infection. It also ensures that preventative measures can be taken to protect the health of employees and the public, from illnesses such as legionnaires' disease.
Find out more about legionella from Health Protection Scotland.
How to notify us
There is no fee for notifying us. Download and submit an application form to
- request a new cooling tower or evaporative condenser. Alternatively, we can post, fax or email you a form
- report changes to any existing colling tower or evaporative condenser.
View all the register cooling towers / evaporative condensers list or view them on a map showing the location of cooling towers in Edinburgh.
We share boundaries with
- East Lothian: email@example.com
- West Lothian: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midlothian Councils: email@example.com.
Get details of their cooling tower registers by emailing them.
See more information on cooling towers on the Health and Safety Executive website.