Care and support at home

Help with home repairs and gardening

You may be able to get help with home repairs and gardening if you are an older person or you have a disability.

You can find out about help with DIY jobs and small repairs, like fitting sash cords and handrails, on the Care and Repair website. The service can also advise you on how to improve and adapt your home, and tell you about grants to help with the cost of such work.

Find out if you're eligible for Garden Aid. You may be able to get this service if you need help cutting your grass or trimming hedges.

Council tenants 

Contact your Locality Office if you are a Council tenant and need repairs or gardening.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.